Mergers and Acquisitions
Merger and acquisition (M&A) have been effective growth strategy; and with government issued orders, they had become a compulsion for many banking and financial institutions in Nepal. M&A have been occurring to eliminate competition, increase market share, gain competitive advantages, increase the paid up of capital, gain more dominant position in the market and for other similar reasons. However, in past few years Nepal witnessed M&A in the private corporate entities and foreign incorporations along with cross-border M&A. Nepal has enforced Competition laws to check M&A and maintain healthy competition in the market while safeguarding consumers’ rights.
At Lex Advisers, we have an array of experts providing necessary assistance in this matter. Our team have been advising and assisting clients in the following matters:
- Developing proper strategy for the transaction and structuring the transaction from legal and tax perspective
- Legal due diligence and transaction support
- Drafting of transaction documentations
- Obtaining government approvals
- Legal consultation, corporate compliances and regulatory requirements for M&A.
For more details on our work or overview, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.