FOREIGN INVESTMENT AND ENTITY SETUP IN NEPAL
Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) plays a catalytic role in economic growth of a country and Nepal has started giving a priority to promote it since it became to liberalization back in the 90s. Nepal also seeks to promote more clarity and transparency in terms of investment and promote bilateral and multilateral investments by concluding Double Tax Avoidance Agreement (DTAA).
Foreign Investment and Technology Transfer Act, 2019 is the primary legislation to govern foreign investment in Nepal alongside Industrial Enterprises Act, 2020 among others, and rules there under.
The foreign investment and entity setup is one of the fundamental areas of practice of Lex Advisers. We have advised various international investors in setting up their businesses in Nepal.
Our scope of service covers:
- Structuring of Investment
- Assistance in obtaining work permit and visas
- Investment companies/ Private Equity/ Venture Capital
- Procuring government approvals from the regulating bodies
- Assisting in incorporation, registration and licensing
- Legal due diligence
- Advisory services on compliance issues related to foreign investment
- Other assistance in business setup